Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Half Marathon here I come!


My second time at the Disney half marathon 2o07.
My favorite athletic supporter at the finish! Check out that medal!

The last race I ran was the PF Changs Rock n Roll Arizona Marathon in 2008. Well, a race I tried for, I forgot, I did do the disneyworld half marathon January of 09 when I was 11 weeks pregnant. I felt so sick and miserable I just ran because I had registered and wasn't expecting to get pregnant so fast. oops... I was debating what I wanted to do for running this upcoming year, I love the disney races- I have done the Walt DisneyWorld Marathon two times, disneyworld half marathon once, and the Disneyland half marathon 2 times. I was there for the inagural race in 06, it was so much fun that I set my personal record at that race, and I went for it again in 07. Since California feels like my second home I was thinking about doing the disneyland half marathon again in 2010, AND we have a baby to take to disneyland too! I couldn't decide whether or not to do this run, or if we should even take Avery who will be a little over 1 year old if we went. Registration fills up fast. Christmas morning came and I was opening a present from Brandon. It was a new pair of running shoes. Yay! And there was an envelope in the box with the shoes, I opened it and it was the registration confirmation to run the disneyland half marathon in 2010! He registered me because he knows how much I would enjoy it. I am so excited! Don't get me wrong I can't wait to run and to try to set another PR, but I am even more excited to share the fun and magic of disney with our little girl. I have so many precious memories of being there with my family as a kid, and into adulthood, I can't wait to see her reactions to all the fun!

3 comments:

  1. It is so special and fun to relive Disneyland through your child's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! what a thoughtful and cool gift! it is true, disneyland is the bomb! goooooooooo becky lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun present! I love Disney, you guys will have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete