Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas in Arizona


Avery at Mesa's Temple lights

Daddy and Avery


Mommy and Avery







Mesa, Arizona Temple Lights.
Brandon and I were sealed for time and all eternity in this beautiful temple.






We got Brandon's parents a zipline tour when they go to Kauai in a couple weeks.






Tracy got a bump-its to have sexy square roosevelt hair!














































































Our cousins Jenn and Laurie












On December 18 we left freezing cold Roosevelt to head to sunny Phoenix, AZ to spend Christmas with my family. It was 3 degrees when we left Roosevelt and when we got to Phoenix, it was about 72. Wow! We were hot! It was great weather the whole time, which was so awesome because we were able to go on walks with Avery in the stroller, I went running a lot, Brandon and I played tennis, and we weren't freezing all the time! We loved it. It was fun to be with my family, on Christmas Eve we get together with my aunt, uncle, and cousins to have dinner and do a little $5 gift exchange. It was a lot of fun, Christmas morning my brother and his wife, who is having a baby- due July 7! yay! came over to open gifts together. We got lots of meaningful things and Avery had fun opening all her new pj's and toys from her grandparents and uncles. Before we left for Phoenix, we had Christmas with Brandon's family. They got Avery this huge bouncer toy with lots of gadgets for her to play with- she loves it!!














In Phoenix, after we would put Avery to bed around 7:30, Brandon and I would go out for dates!! It was soooo fun! I miss those days of freedom and dates! :) Some things we did was- go out to desert ridge ( and outdoor mall and entertainment place) and watched a band and drank hot chocolate, went to movies- saw Avatar which was the best movie I have seen in a long time and got coldstone ice cream, went out for dinner, drove around to see Christmas lights and our old condo, hung out and my brothers new house....etc. It was so fun! Thanks mom and dad for staying home while Avery was in bed to babysit. We stayed 10 days, a great trip and a fun Christmas. Now we're back in Roosevelt in single digit temps planning where to go next to get outta here! :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys got to go out and have some fun dates!! That is the best! I think I appreciate it soo much more now days! Sorry I am such a lame friend and I missed you! I am counting down the days until "dental days" so we can hang out and talk crap about all of the dental crazies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love getting to get out of Roosevelt! Me too! Especially if you can go somewhere that's not in sub-zero temps. I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas and made it back safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry we didn't get to see you guys!! That week of Christmas was packed with family visits pretty much every day. I'm glad you had fun though. Isn't it fun having Christmas with kids??

    ReplyDelete
  4. We totally missed each other! We left for Utah on the 18th and were there for ten days. We need to get together when your in town. I can't believe I have not met Avery yet. She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete