Monday, June 20, 2011

Eva






Eva B. Luke was born on June 17 at 3:40 AM, she weighed 6 lbs 4 oz and 18 1/4 inches long. My water broke at home the night of the 16th at 8 pm. I was just waiting for dinner to get out of the oven and was playing on the computer when all of a sudden it broke and I quietly shut down the computer and oven and thought "here we go" and called downstairs for Brandon. I had most of my bag packed for the hospital so we just pretty much left after his mom got here for the night. We had already put Avery to bed so it was an easy out for us. After getting checked in at the hospital and waiting to dilate more ( I was at a 4 when I went in) I got an epidural around 11 pm, and it was great! I thought wow one little needle poke isnt that bad compared to the amounts of pressure and pain that would get worse! So we just waited and tried to sleep a little. At about 3:15 I was feeling a ton of pressure and some sharp pains so I called for the nurse and she said I was ready to go. Then the doctor and nurses came in and got all set up and I was so excited to get this baby out because I had been in so much pain for months with the pregnancy- plus I was SO hungry, I was too nervous to eat dinner before we left. We pushed 3 times with each contraction- I pushed through 3 sets, so maybe 10 times total and at 3:40 am here came little Eva!! When I looked down and saw her I thought she was so tiny!! And she was, at only 6.4 lbs. They got her all cleaned up after I held her for a minute and then gave her back. We compared all her features to Avery and we think she is so cute!! Its so weird to think now we are a family of 4!!! CRAZY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment