Saturday, August 7, 2010

Triathlon


finishing! (I can't get this pic to come last!)




after the swim, getting ready for the ride



This morning I did my first triathlon! It was a sprint tri so it was a 1/6 mile swim, 13 miles bike, 3 mile run. I was all lined up ready for the first leg which is the swim at 5:45am. Surprisingly the swim was easy!! In practice I would take a couple breathing breaks at the wall, but not today! I swam the whole way. Then ran to the transition area to get ready for the bike, I put my shirt, shoes, ipod, and watch on and took off for the 13 mile ride. It was a very hilly ride and I thought it was so hard! I thought, if there is one more hill I'm gonna walk it! But I managed to push through and made it back to begin the run. My legs were soooo tired by now but I slowly adjusted to the running and did well! I have no idea what I placed or what my time was, it was just fun to try a new challenge rather than just running all the time. I think this will be something I will continue to try to get better at!! Go Triathloners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. That looks so fun. That is on my list of things to do within the next little while. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I'm a little envious. Maybe some day....
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Becky that's awesome. That's on my list of things to do in the near future but I fear the swim, I guess I just need more time in the pool.

    ReplyDelete