Sunday, July 25, 2010

1st Birthday!!!
















Avery is 1 year old!! July 24 is her birthday and we were able to celebrate it yesterday with both sets of her grandparents and her Aunt Tracy and cousins. We had a bbq and then let her open presents. She did well with her gifts and she helped open most of them and see what each one was. A big hit that she really like was a gloworm that Uncle Jeff and Aunt Adriane sent up with my parents for her. She loved it! Next we all sang happy birhtday and let her have some cake. She didn't really like the taste of it but enjoyed mashing it all over her tray and clapping with it on her hands. It was so fun to see her reactions to it all!
A year ago I thought we would never get to this point in her life....I seriously thought I would be sitting on the couch every 2 hours with a bottle in her mouth and being exhausted FOREVER. I never thought she would walk or do much of anything! hahaha She has learned so much in her first year of life and has taught us as parents so much too. We are learning some of life's lessons that one can never experience or understand if you're not a parent. Its undescribable the love we feel for our child. Every night when I put her to bed, she lays her head on my shoulder and looks into my eyes and smiles, that means so much to me. She is changing so much and is beginning to love more and accept out hugs and kisses instead of pushing us away! :) I'm so happy at this time in my life, and I love that Avery knows and loves us for who we are even though we make mistakes as her parents. She is the best daughter we could get and she is so loved!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love how SERIOUS she is about opening her presents!! I can't believe it has been a year!! You are such a good fun mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you pointed out the lessons that are being learned, it's so true, right?

    Happy Birthday to a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she's 1 already!!! We really need to get together! I have to meet this little girl!

    ReplyDelete