Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hugs and Kisses

So our little pride and joy Avery, NEVER cuddles! We are always so jealous when we see babies cuddling and sleeping on their mom or dad...we think oh how would that be. She doesn't transfer well either, like if she falls asleep in the car and we put her into her bed, she wakes up and won't go back to sleep. Whenever we try to hug her close she pushes away and pinches. She's been this way since the day she was born. She would scream and squirm to be put down, and when we would swaddle her as a newborn and lay her down she would sleep....and don't even get me started on how long it would take me at church to get her to fall asleep in my arms.

ANYWAY, so today was a really hard day because she was having some reflux issues and only took a HALF HOUR of a nap today and thats it!! So bedtime comes and I am DONE and can't wait for her to be in her crib. I start feeding her and rocking her and she starts squirming and wants to stand up......I almost lost it, but something came to mind to just pat her back.....I attempted to hug her and rub and pat her back to relax her.....and..... she actually laid her head on my shoulder! Unbelievable!!! This is the first time she has ever done this! THEN, she slowly looked up at me and put her mouth on my cheek for a kiss and then put her head back on my shoulder as I rubbed her back! I was so amazed and happy I started laughing cause it was so cute! She looked up again and gave me another kiss! WOW!! I was in heaven! It felt so good to have her hug me....all my hard work each and every day is starting to pay off with my little girl giving me a hug! I think that Heavenly Father knew I needed that because I was getting to the point of not wanting to nurture her anymore that day! :)

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! That really is the best feeling when they lovey up on you! Lily as always been a snuggler & I love it! Maybe this will be the start of a fun new type of relationship with her. I hope she keeps it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent story! It made me cry just a little bit, but in a good way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it lasts forever! Randy just led me to our blog -- she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete