Saturday, November 7, 2009

Walmart Excursion











A couple weeks ago I went to walmart with Avery to grocery shop and get a few other things. Walmart is 28 miles away, so some planning is involved. 1- make sure to bring milk for Avy, warmed. 2- bring diaper bag with wipes. 3- bring front carrier pack because the car seat doesn't fit on top of the cart and if its in the cart then there is no room for groceries. 4- bring the list.




So my journey begins the SECOND after I feed her at home, I have to change her, make sure I'm ready and rush out the door. Otherwise I won't have time to take my time to shop before she needs to eat again- she still eats right on every 2 hours! I get to walmart and get on the front carrier pack and get her out of the car seat. She pooped so I have to change her before putting her in and getting the cart. So I change her in the bathroom and then put her in the pack, which she LOVES, and get the cart. I'm shopping around and mind you we have no groceries so I'm getting everything I see so I don't have to shop agian for a while. By the end the cart is soooo heavy and my back hurts from carry her on my front, I thought I had probably burned 1000 calories! After I check out I'm pushing everything to the car and unload it all into the back of my explorer with Avy still on me in the pack. For those of you who have worn them, its hard to bend over to pick something up, you have to do a squat. So I squat down to get the case of water and the plastic rips and it drops on the ground, so I have to get down again to pick it up and I'm sweating sooo bad! You THINK someone would help me load all my groceries in- as it looks like I have a family of 10 with all my stuff.




Once it all was unloaded, it was time to feed Avy before our 28 mile drive home. So I get her bottle and get in the car and feed her in the walmart parking lot. She ate well, was happy, and began the drive home. We got onto the main road and she starts crying. Oh great! I talk to her and shush her and the crying gets worse, almost into screaming. I absolutly can't stand her crying in the car, I feel bad and it stresses me out. So after trying lots of things I just started singing twinkle twinkle little star at the top of my lungs. It was so loud of a sing that my voice was cracking and everything. It worked though and she ended up falling asleep and I enjoyed my drive home. So tired!! And then I have to unload everything when I get home. ugh!




Avery is being so fun and she is getting so big! She enjoys going on walks in the stroller and playing with her daddy and mommy. Since she was like 2 months old she could stand up with me holding her waist or hands, she is so strong. She can even stand on her own just for a split second if I let go. She is smiling a ton and making lots of talking noises!! We love her sooo much!




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, oh gosh I hear ya! Grocery shopping is NEVER fun with babies! Just be glad you don't also have 2 three year olds running wild in the store, haha. Poor you though, having to drive all the way to Vernal for Wal-Mart. Boo Roosevelt! Come see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story. That isn't so fun for you but it's hilarious and I can totally see it happening. I have SOOO much to look forward to riiight?

    ReplyDelete